PCI DSS & SiteMinderPayment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) refers to the global information standard set by the payment card industry to assist with the prevention of payment card fraud. To achieve compliance with PCI DSS, a company must successfully demonstrate it has met a number of stringent measures in enforcing the data security of the companies with which it conducts business. SiteMinder’s most valuable assets are its customers and partners; we value and care about their security, and for this reason we undertook the very rigorous process of becoming PCI DSS certified globally. Approximately 148 million hotel bookings are made online each year and require the use of a credit card. Increasing requirements from banks have also placed greater pressure on our hotel customers and partners to meet global standards with regards to the prevention of payment card fraud. How do hotel customers and partners benefit from SiteMinder’s PCI DSS certification?
- Confidence that booking data is stored securely by SiteMinder, a third party, in accordance with certified best practice.
- Greater protection of account data in online booking transactions – from fraud, hacking and other significant threats.
- A more complete online solution combined with world-class technology, with confidence that their data is protected.
Who can customers and partners contact for more information?SiteMinder’s Support team which can be reached by:
- Clicking the ‘Support’ link within the product extranet
- Calling SiteMinder during business hours.