A hotel booking engine is an application on hotel websites used to securely process online reservations. The purpose of a hotel booking engine is to allow reservations to be made:
- Directly on your hotel’s own website; and,
- Third party websites like Facebook, on which your hotel is listed.
- Guests can easily self-serve – checking which rooms are available when, and for how much – without ever speaking to you.
- When guests make a booking, your booking engine can securely accept credit card payments to make sure you get paid.
- All online bookings are safely stored in your booking engine so that all of your guest data is accessible in one place.
What are the benefits of using a hotel booking engine?A wholly-branded booking engine for your hotel’s website helps you to attract, reach and convert guests direct. With the right booking engine in place,
- You can increase conversions with a simple guest booking experience
- You can save time with quick and easy setup
- You can eliminate manual entry with instant integration
- You can make better decisions with data
What should you look for in your booking engine?
- Customisation to your hotel’s brand to ensure the reservation experience is seamless
- A simple booking process (no more than two steps)
- Multi-language and currency capabilities to convert international guests
- Mobile-friendly and Facebook-compatible to reach travellers on-the-go
- The ability to upsell so you can offer a more personalised stay and increase revenue per guest
- Google Maps integration so guests know how to find you
- Customisable emails – confirmation, pre-arrival, during and post departure
- Complete integration with PMSs and CRSs to instantly update your rates, availability, and special offers
- Payment gateway options to facilitate real-time payments directly into your bank account
- Integration with all of your booking sites through a channel manager
- Google Analytics, Google Adwords and eCommerce tracking so you can analyse direct booking trends – including website traffic, conversion rates, and ROI