It sounds like we say this every year at this point, but 2022 has been another big journey for the travel industry. While a lot of recovery was made, there were still many challenges for hoteliers around the world as they worked to get back on track.
Two things that have been a consistent presence are our content and our readers. It’s been SiteMinder’s mission to provide valuable resources to all properties, so they can be better equipped to tackle any adversity and learn how to fulfil the potential of their business. It’s been a big 12 months, with almost 250 blogs published across six languages!
Below you’ll find the blogs that helped hoteliers the most this year, spurring them onto greater things, and a guide we think will continue to provide value in the months ahead…
Table of contents
Before we look at the top blogs overall, here are three that hoteliers found fascinating for different reasons:
- The passion for customer experience was strong – Guest experience in hotels: How to achieve complete customer satisfaction was viewed by almost 40,000 individual readers in 2022
- Revenue tips were engrossing – Hotel revenue management: Strategies to boost topline revenue had readers poring over the page for an average of 9.5 minutes!
- Metrics were top of mind – Our full guide to RevPAR was one of the top blogs readers discovered via Google this year.
Top 3 blogs in 2022
Now, onto the podium… Our top three most viewed blogs in 2022 were:
- What is a global distribution system (GDS) and is it right for your hotel?
- Essential hotel sales strategies to increase occupancy and revenue
- Hotel industry trends to watch out for this year
If you missed any of the great resources, we hope you check them out – or find even more at www.siteminder.com/r.
Top guide to plan for 2023
Don’t forget we recently released the Changing Traveller Report 2022, to give you a head-start on the plans of travellers from all around the world for the next 12 months.
Download your copy for free now.